We regularly update the Nuki app. This is how we ensure that our products meet the highest standards of security and quality.
In July 2023, there will be a new release with which older smartphone operating systems will no longer be supported. As of July, these are the minimum requirements for the Nuki app:
- Apple devices: from iOS 14.5
- Android devices: from Android 7
Regular updates for your security
We want to make our app available to as many users as possible without compromising on security. To do so, we follow the technical standards of the most current and most widely used operating systems. We can only guarantee a secure application and a complete range of functions with operating system versions that we actively support.
To ensure that you always have the latest version of the Nuki app, please update the operating system of your smartphone. Then you can install the latest version of the Nuki app.
What happens if my operating system version is an older one?
You can use the already installed Nuki app as before. The latest app version (June 2023) is still available for download in the App Store and Play Store. However, no ongoing active development and troubleshooting is to be undertaken for older operating system versions than those mentioned above.
General tips for maximum convenience & security
- We recommend updating the Nuki app and the operating system of your smartphone regularly. Here’s how to activate automatic updates for the Nuki app.
- Please also install the latest firmware updates to protect your Nuki devices and to use all features.
- Of course, we will be happy to assist you with any additional questions you may have. Please use our support contact form to contact us.